Wolf Peak International, Canada Safety Division – Edge Safety Eyewear
Effective June 1, 2021, a MAP (Minimum Advertised Price) will become effective for all resellers of Edge Safety Eyewear (Edge) (Reseller defined as any entity reselling Edge Safety Eyewear products for financial gain), including Distributors, Brick and Mortar Retailers and Internet retailers.We have implemented this MAP policy to preserve the integrity in the marketplace for our high value safety eyewear products and to better serve our clients.Edge believes that this MAP Policy, and its enforcement, will make Edge products more competitive and benefit all resellers.This MAP policy is a unilateral policy and does not constitute an agreement.
The MAP policy will be comprised of the following conditions:
MAP for Edge Safety Eyewear will MSRP published in the Edge price list. Edge reserves the right to update this price list, including MSRP’s. For a copy of the Edge MSRP/MAP price list, please send a request to SalesSupport@EdgeEyewear.com. MAP is applicable to all items on the MAP price list. Any Edge Eyewear items that are not on the MAP price list have no MAP. Edge’s MAP Policy does allow resellers to omit pricing entirely from advertisements and/or advertisement statements such as “Call for Price” or “Call for Quote. Free shipping and/or handling, 0% sales tax, or free financing promotions do not violate the MAP. Price matching policies are acceptable. Price matching cannot be used as a valid reason for violations of Edge’s MAP Policy. Advertised price must always be at MAP or higher.
- The MAP Policy applies to all advertisements of MAP Products in any and all media, including but not limited to flyers, posters, coupons, mailers, inserts, newspapers, magazines, catalogs, television, radio, and public signage, as well as internet sites, social media sites, apps, or any other electronic media. The MAP Policy does not apply to solely on premise or in-store advertising that is not distributed to customers.
- MAP applies to the prices shown, and not to the final price at checkout.
- MAP does not set maximum advertised prices.Resellers have sole discretion to set prices higher than MAP.Internet auctions or reserved bidding may not advertise a price lower than MAP.
- Edge’s MAP policy does not prohibit resellers from advertising that they offer the “lowest prices” or they “will meet or beat competitors pricing” or similar language in the subsequent selling of Edge.
- Resellers agree to abide by Edge trademarks and to use materials provided by Edge exclusively.
- Edge only does business with resellers that will abide with Edge policies and not degrade the image of Edge or its affiliates. Violations may result in termination of the vendor-reseller relationship.
- Distributors of Edge products selling to other re-sellers are expected to assist Edge with the enforcement of this MAP policy to any of their customer that they sell Edge products to Forbidden Online Marketplaces. Edge forbids selling any Edge Safety Eyewear products in any third-party marketplaces without written permission from Edge Safety Eyewear. Some, but not all, of these marketplaces are: Amazon, Walmart.com and Walmart Marketplace, Ebay, Craigslist, Overstock.com, Jet.com and Alibaba.
- If a reseller with multiple locations violates this MAP policy at any one location or affiliated website, then Edge will consider that a violation by the reseller.
- Edge reserves the right to cancel any pending orders, restrict future orders, or suspend resellers account if Edge reasonably believes:
- a reseller has violated the provisions of this policy; or
- a reseller intends to violate this policy.
- This MAP policy has been established to uphold the integrity of the image of Edge Safety Eyewear as a premium brand in the safety eyewear industry. This policy also ensures that Edge resellers have the resources to offer service to their clients. Please indicate your knowledge and willingness to abide by this MAP policy and return this document, and if necessary, adjust applicable pricing to be compliant with MAP as outlined in section 1 of this agreement.
If you have questions about this MAP policy, or have information for us on violations that you see, please firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide the URL that you feel is in violation and any other information that will help us address and correct the issue.